Financial Services Guide
This Financial Services Guide (FSG) is provided to assist you in making an informed decision about the financial services United Electrical Engineering Pty Ltd's (UEE) Authorised Representative provides to you. It will explain the financial services provided by UEE's Authorised Representative and contains information about who the Authorised Representative is, how the Authorised Representative is remunerated and how your complaints are dealt with. The second part of this document is a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) which contains the terms and conditions of the UEE Customer Care Program (CCP) together with important information about the features, benefits and risks of this product to assist you in making an informed decision on whether to buy this product or not.
About UEE's Authorised Representative and their services
A UEE Authorised Representative is able to issue you with a UEE CCP when you purchase electrical equipment because the UEE Authorised Representative and their sales staff act as authorised representatives of the issuer of the CCP, United Electrical Engineering Pty Ltd, AFS Licence No 312795. UEE's Authorised Representative can answer questions you may have about the CCP, assist with your application and accept payment. UEE's Authorised Representative can give you general advice, but cannot advise you if the CCP is appropriate to meet your particular needs.
UEE's Authorised Representative provides these services to you as an agent of UEE. UEE's Authorised Representative does not handle claims and you should contact UEE to make a claim under your CCP.
How UEE's Authorised Representative are paid
When a UEE Authorised Representative issues a CCP to you they receive a commission from UEE. This commission ranges from 10% to 70% of the total cost of the CCP (including GST and/or any other government charges, taxes fees or levies) depending on the CCP you select. The commission does not represent the representative's profit margin as it also reimburses them for expenses they incur in arranging the CCP for you.
UEE's Authorised Representative sales staff are paid wages by them for selling electrical equipment. On occasion they may decide to pass on some of the commission they receive for the sale of the CCP to their staff as bonus.
No additional fees are added by UEE's Authorised Representative to the purchase price of the CCP. UEE receives the amount you pay to purchase the CCP, less their commission. Ask your UEE's Authorised Representative for details of the purchase price for the CCP you are considering.
What do I do if I have a complaint?
If you wish to complain about the services provided you could contact UEE's Authorised Representative in the first instance. Alternatively you can contact UEE's Complaints Manager on 1800 673 771. Receipt of your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 business days and UEE will attempt to resolve it within a further 15 days.
UEE is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service Ltd (FOS), an external dispute resolution scheme. If you are not satisfied with the outcome or response when your complaint has been dealt with by UEE you can contact FOS on 1300 780 808 to resolve your complaint. Any decision FOS makes is binding on UEE but not on you. This service is provided to you free of charge.
UEE and UEE's Authorised Representatives are committed to protecting your privacy. The information you provide is used for the purpose of providing you with UEE's CCP. UEE does not trade, rent or sell your information. You can check the information UEE holds about you at any time. If you do not wish to provide this information you can notify UEE at any time. However, if you do not provide the information requested by UEE from time to time it may affect UEE's ability to administer its products and services.
Product Disclosure Statement
This Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) describes the features, benefits, risks and exclusions of UEE's Customer Care Program (CCP), as well as information about your rights if you decide to purchase the CCP.
This PDS contains the terms and conditions of the CPP. You should read it carefully before deciding to buy the CPP. Neither UEE, nor UEE's Authorised Representatives can advise you on whether the CPP is suitable for your particular needs.
Who is United Electrical Engineering Pty Ltd?
United Electrical Engineering Pty Ltd (UEE) is the product issuer for this CPP. This means that UEE is responsible for the payment of any claims you make under the terms of the CPP and not the UEE Authorised Representative who sold you the electrical equipment.
UEE holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, which authorises it to deal in and provide general advice on electrical equipment warranties, including this CPP. Our AFS Licence number is 312795.
Are there any significant risks relating to the CCP?
The products do not offer the same level of protection as an insurance policy. UEE is not an insurance company and the products are not insurance products. You do not have the right to be indemnified for your loss. You do however have the right to have your claim considered and notwithstanding anything herein UEE's exercise of its discretion shall be absolute.
Discretionary risk product
This CCP is a discretionary risk product, this means that you are entitled to have your claim for repairs assessed but UEE is not obliged to accept all claims. The discretion is not global but is restricted as in such cases where for example the customer has used the product in an unauthorised or abusive manner or the customer's claim is a claim not recognised by the manufacturer.
UEE will always consider the merits of your claim when making this decision to ensure that UEE exercises its discretion in a fair and just way.
Because UEE retains the discretion regarding the acceptance of claims, UEE may also decide to contribute to or pay entirely for repairs that do not come within the terms and conditions of the CCP. In cases when services have been provided where the fault or work done is not covered under the terms and conditions, you may be charged for any costs incurred by UEE.
What is covered under your CCP? (Terms and Conditions)
1. UEE will, in its absolute discretion, provide parts and labour to you the Customer as set out herein.
2. This CCP: -
a. is subject to the terms and conditions of the agreement between UEE and the Retailer/Wholesaler/Vendor from whom you have purchased your product;
b. covers products purchased as NEW, manufactured for use in Australia or New Zealand (the “Territory”), which at the time of purchase included a manufacturer's original written warranty valid in the Territory providing at least 1 year parts and labour coverage and covers all mechanical and electrical defects, unless otherwise excluded;
c. provides for the labour and replacement parts necessary to maintain your product in good operating condition as specified in this CCP however, if repair is needed because of product failure during normal usage, UEE has the option to repair or replace the defective product or part of the product with a product or part of the product of like kind and quality and a replacement part may be new or reconditioned of like kind and quality and may cost less than the original product purchased and no charges or refunds will be made based on the replacement product cost difference. Any claims where the product is replaced, will terminate the remainder of the Extended Warranty.
3. Product Identification
a. UEE reserves the right to reject claims for any services or work where the Customer requesting such work or services from UEE and/or its agents cannot produce for verification the CCP ID number and the proof of purchase as per original purchase invoice.
b. The CCP will be voided if any ID Number sticker provided to be placed on the warrantable equipment is removed.
c. The CCP ID number is found either:-
(i) on the ID sticker that is fastened to the item under CCP; the CCP ID Number sticker must be attached to the warrantable product upon receipt of the CCP;
d. In the event that a request for repair is made against a CCP where the ID number sticker is not attached to the system or the customer cannot produce for verification the ID number, the repairer will not effect any repairs on the system and the Customer will be charged a service call-out fee.
4. What is covered by this CCP
a. The equipment is covered for faulty workmanship on parts which were manufactured poorly and have failed under normal use which are contained within the product.
b. This warranty is only applicable for repairs on declared equipment carried out within Australia or New Zealand.
5. What is not Covered by this CCP (excluded):-
a. any failure:
(i) of equipment due to the product being inadequately serviced;
(ii) resulting from dirt, dust, rodents and insects;
(iii) resulting from “fair wear and tear”;
(iv) caused by inherent defect or design faults, pre-existing defects or recalls; negligence, accident or deliberate misuse;
(v) due to Incompatibility of parts;
(vi) due to a dropped product; collision with another object; any result of a malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer's recommended maintenance; theft, abuse, misuse, neglect, vandalism, or environmental conditions; or
(vii) due to any firmware, operating system software, software or software compatibility with replacement parts;
b. any repairs:
(i) to any components that have been fitted to the product after the original purchase;
(ii) due to incompatibility;
c. damage: -
(i) of any kind due to warping, rust, corrosion, of any part of the product including its parts; or
(ii) to the system caused by overheating as a result of siting or positioning of the equipment, where there is not provision for adequate ventilation or a dust free environment; or
(iii) to a system or components, caused by power surges or spikes, including and not limited to, mains power and telecommunications connections, or to other unspecified sources, voltage fluctuation, amperage fluctuation, rust or corrosion;
(iv) due to negligence, accident, theft, flood, fire, earthquake, electrical storms or any other act of God or any war related events;
d. costs of attendance and testing where no mechanical or electrical failure is identified;
e. Normal maintenance costs;
f. products with removed or altered serial numbers;
g. consumables such as but not limited to bulbs/globes, filters, batteries, ribbons, ink cartridges, floppy disks, CD's, DVD's, Memory Cards and Tapes;
h. removal and reinstallation of an internal component not performed by a factory authorised service centre;
i. cosmetic or structural items;
j. the cost of reloading operating systems or client data which can be carried out at the expense of the Customer; and
k. consequential loss of any kind including loss of data as a result of any fault or failure.
6. We may limit the amount we will pay on any single repair or replacement to the equivalent current market value of the repair or replaced item.
7. The term of a Total Cover CCP commences from the date of purchase as listed on the Customers invoice, however UEE reserves the right of a seven day dead on arrival (DOA) period in which within seven days after the delivery of the product to the customer, where UEE has no responsibility whatsoever.
8. No services will be rendered or supplied under this CCP unless full payment has been received from the wholesaler/retailer/vendor to UEE.
9. If the repair cannot be suitably carried out onsite the repairer may at their discretion remove the system from site, repair and return it to the Customer when the repair is completed.
10. Neither UEE nor its representatives provide loan equipment under the terms of this CCP.
11. Any unauthorised access to the computer system or installation of any unregistered part upgrades will void this CCP.
12. Replacement of faulty parts is dependent on availability to UEE and if UEE is unable to procure the same part or repair the damaged component, liability for the cost of any repair which necessitates the replacement of obsolete or unavailable parts, shall be limited to the estimated cost of similar parts for a similar type of machine currently available in the Territory.
13. Replacement items are “Like for like” and is not “new for old” and does not indicate in any way that a faulty product will be replaced with a new part or unit.
14. It is a condition of this CCP, that a Surge Protector (in good working order) that complies with Territory Standards protects the system covered by this CCP at all times. Failure to do so will void the CCP.
15. UEE accepts no liability for items that are lost, damaged, or stolen as a result of freight, transport or storage.
16. UEE reserves the right to:-
a. inspect any product that has 3 or more faulty components at any one time; or
b. suspend or cancel a CCP for failure to pay monies owing to UEE as a result of non-CCP work being carried out on a system at the request of the Customer.
c. inspect and repair the product at it's Victorian Head Quarters if any product has more than three breakdowns within the term of the CCP.
17. If the nearest UEE Authorised Repair Agent is more than 50km from the warranted system, UEE reserves the right to:
a. Convert an On-Site CCP to a Return to Service Agent CCP, where the product must then be returned to the nearest UEE Authorised Repair Agent at the Customer's expense, including all insurance costs, or
b. charge a fee of $0.95 per km travelled for the repair of the product and a deposit may be required for this service.
c. Our client can elect to package the product securely with full details as request by a member of the customer service team, and deliver the properly package product to their nearest Australia Post office to have the item returned to our victorian repair centre via our reply paid address.
18. An Upgrade CCP will not be honoured if a product is already faulty or deemed to have had pre-existing faults or damage prior to the purchase of an Upgrade CCP.
19. On Public Holidays or other periods when regular business and wholesale operations are temporarily ceased, repairer availability and CCP response times may extend beyond the standard response times due to the availability of repairers and parts.
20. Special Conditions relating to Computer and notebook CCP
a. Our call centre will arrange for your notebook to be picked up normally within 24 hours or one working day of you registering a CCP repair with our Customer Service Centre.
b. Items covered under this CCP
(i) Repair to components that are inside the system case as listed on the original build sheet, which may include: Hard Disk Drive(s), Motherboard, RAM, CD ROM, CD Writer, DVD-Reader and/or Writer, Floppy drive, Video card, Sound card, CPU, Power supply unit, internal Modem.
(ii) 1 corded keyboard & 1 corded mouse
c. Items not covered under this CCP but not limited to;
(i) loose cables, cords, leads, plugs, buttons, switches, batteries (including CMOS), locks, keys, removable HDD or storage devices, stands, hinges, cracks of any kind, mats, external adapters, any fans, external power supply, UPS, games devices, reseating of any item including but not limited to RAM, CARDS, Speakers, CPU and or CPU FANS, bent pins, power packs, exterior damage to case, incorrect BIOS programming or settings, incorrect port or switch settings, tampering, fair wear and tear, damage to cosmetic items.
(ii) Batteries, power supply packs, leads and all other external products and/or peripherals unless stated are not covered under this CCP.
(iii) the cost of reloading operating systems or customer data resulting from a hardware failure or as the result of a repair to the faulty product. UEE is not responsible for any consequential loss of any kind including loss of data as a result of any fault, failure, or repair.
(iv) cordless keyboard and mouse.
(v) the monitor unless otherwise specified on this certificate is not covered under the standard computer CCP; monitors that are covered by this CCP see clause 22a
(vi) All Fans are not covered under this CCP unless a claim is lodged within 12 months of the original purchase date and the claim is not a result of excessive dirt, dust, corrosion or siting of the unit.
21. Special Conditions relating to but not limited to Laser Printers, Inkjet Printers, Multi Function Units, Scanners, Set Top Boxes, Amplifiers, DVD Recorders, and portable hand held devices including but not limited to PDA's, GPS Units, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras and media players.
a. This CCP is offered as a courier collect and return from service centre cover only, and will not be repaired onsite unless stated specifically on the CCP document.
b. Items not covered under this CCP but not limited to print heads, cartridges, rollers, general maintenance items, filaments, drums, remote controls, batteries, tapes, and PDA stylus pointing devices.
c. All faulty units must be inspected by UEE before a unit is replaced or repaired under this CCP.
d. If repairs of said items are not viable, a “like for like” replacement will be offered based on the products operational features and specifications.
22. Special Conditions relating to Plasma TV's, LCD TV's, LCD Panels, Projection Television and Projection Equipment
a. All LCD and Plasma panels exhibit some bright, dark or partially lit pixels, a normal limitation of these technologies, and the manufacturing processes involved and are usually not noticeable when viewing normal screen images and defective pixels are not a CCP issue unless they exceed the manufacturer's specifications for pixel defects. Where there are no manufacturer specifications, UEE cover the screen provided 12 or more pixels are failing to display.
b. Image retention or burn-in can be a problem for all phosphor based displays. In extreme cases, permanent phosphor burn can occur if still/repetitive images are left on the screen for extended periods of time. Such damage to the screen is
covered by the CCP. Please ensure that the precautions in any documentation supplied with your product are followed in order to avoid permanent damage to your display.
c. Where a product is positioned or mounted higher than 1.2m from the lowest mount point or where aftermarket mounts and/or stands are used, or where the unit has not been installed by a professional installer, an extra service charge will apply to unfix and refix this product.
d. Any failures due to the interference from other products and/or sources are not covered under this CCP.
23. Any repair performed on a product under the CCP where no fault can be found, or the item is deemed by UEE, or an authorised UEE agent, to be not faulty under this CCP, or the repair or fault is not covered under the CCP, a No Fault Found fee is payable by the CCP holder of a minimum of $125 inc GST.
24. Any repairs or services required that are outside of the terms and conditions of the CCP can be carried out at the expense or request of the customer. A credit card may be required prior to the commencement of such services.
25. It is the Customer's responsibility to retain the original packaging of the product. This packaging may be required for use in safe transportation to the service centre. If sufficient packaging is not supplied a minimum surcharge of $15 ex may be applicable to the Customer depending on the size of the equipment to prevent transportation damage.
26. UEE reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the CCP at any time without notice.
For a latest copy of UEE's Financial Services Guide, or Product Disclosure Statement, please contact UEE on 1800 786 331 during normal business hours with your CCP ID number.